Friday, March 30, 2012

Meal Experiment 1: Garlic Chicken & Spinach Noodles

Part 1: Ingredients

First we have to pack in the "raw" ingredients:


One grilled chicken thigh, cut into chunks















About a half cup of frozen chopped spinach















About a tablespoon of butter and a quarter teaspoon garlic















And a pack of ramen noodles















Part 2: Cooking

First I add the spinach to the bowl.
YAY VEGETABLES!















Now before I open the ramen I break the noodles up inside the pack by punching it a couple times.














This makes it easier to cook in the bowl, easier to eat, and simply is kinda fun.

Now pour the chunks of noodles over the spinach














 And cover with water.













 Then microwave for about 2-3 minutes.













 Add the chicken in (since it was pre-cooked) and microwave for about another minute or so to get it nice and warm.














 Finally add the garlic and butter, stir well, and enjoy!

Part 3: Eating

I only had one flaw today - too much garlic on the day I have a performance appraisal.  Together with my trusty water bottle, this proved a aromatic, tasty, and not-too-bad meal.

How can you tell I enjoyed it?

That didn't go to the trash can

Part 4: Final Thoughts

The entire thing - bowl, food, and all, fit in my lunch box quite easy.  The bowl is now a permanent fixture in my office so that's not even a transport issue.  Pre-night prep wasn't bad, mostly shove stuff in baggies, and in the office cooking was quite simple and quick.

On top of that, I think the recipe provides a good basic guide from some simple dishes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment